|Place of birth||Azerbaijan Republic, Baku|
|Date of birth||30.05.1982|
|Education||Baku State University, Biology Faculty|
|Scientific degree||PhD in biology|
|Topic of PhD thesis:
- specialty code
- specialty name
- topic name
The distribution of viral diseases in plants of Azerbaijan, their molecular diagnosis and structural-functional peculiarities
|Total number of printed scientific publications:
- number of scientific publications printed abroad:
- number of papers published in journals indexed and abstracted in international databases
|Number of patents and certificates of authorship|
- number of PhD
|Basic scientific achievements||For the first time the distribution of viral diseases in plants of Azerbaijan, their molecular diagnosis and structural-functional peculiarities were studied. During the multiple phytopathological monitoring surveys in many regions of Azerbaijan, the RNA-genomic (ToCV, TMV, CMV, CYSDV, CVYV, CCYV, MNSV, BCMV, BLRV, BYMV) and DNA-genomic (TYLCV and nanoviruses) viruses were identified in vegetable and legume crops using the ELISA test system and visual diagnosis based on the characteristic symptoms of viral infection. For the first time, geminiviruses with single-stranded DNA were identified using different molecular techniques (RCA, RFLP and PCR with specific primers) in fababean, cheakpea, lentil and tomato plants collected from the Absheron peninsula, Masalli, Lerik and Ismayilli districts, and their species-level identification was carried out. For the first time, the multisite study of structural-functional peculiarities of virus-infected plants was performed.|
|Names of scientific works||1. Grigoras I., Vetten H.J., Sultanova N.F., Winter S., Huseynova I.M., Mamedov A.Ch., Kheyr-Pour A., Gronenborn B. Single stranded DNA plant viruses in Azerbaijan: the state of the art. Proceedings of ANAS (Biological Sciences), 2010, v.65, № 5-6, p. 152-157.
2. Sultanova N.F., Huseynova I.M. Some photosynthesis parameters and antioxidant defense systems of nanovirus infected faba bean leaves. Abstract book of the International conference "Photosynthesis Research for Sustainability", Baku, Azerbaijan, 2011, p. 134.
3. Huseynova I.M., Sultanova N.F., Aliyev J.A. Functional state of photosynthetic apparatus of nanovirus-infected faba bean (Vicia faba L.) and lentil (Lens culinaris L.) leaves. Abstract book of the International Workshop on Photosystem II, Chengdu, China, 2011, p.34.
4. Sultanova N.F., Mammadov A.Ch., Huseynova I.M. Viral diseasas infecting legume crops in Azerbaijan. Abstract book of VI th International Conference on Legume Genetics and Genomics, Hyderabad, India, 2012, p. 14.
5. Sultanova N.F., Huseynova I.M. Determination of superoxide anion radical and antioxidant enzymes activities of in viral infected vegetable plants. Proceedings of ANAS (Biological and Medical Sciences), 2012, v. 67, №1, p. 13-19.
6. Grigoras I., Timchenko T., Ginzo A.I., Sultanova N., Mamedov A., Huseinova İ., Aliyev J., Romero J., Vetten H.J. and Gronenborn B. Nanoviruses from Sweden to Azerbaijan: Known and novel species in Europe and their genetic relationship. Abstract book of International Conference “Photosynthesis Research for Sustainability: in honor of Jalal A. Aliyev”. Baku, Azerbaijan, 2013, p. 92.
7. Huseynova I.M., Sultanova N.F., Mammadov A.Ch. Detection of tomato yellow leaf curl virus in Azerbaijan and partial characterization of biochemical properties of naturally infected plants. Proceedings of the 15th International Congress on Photosynthesis. Beijing, China, 2011. In: Photosynthesis Research for Food, Fuel and Future, 2013, Springer, p. 556- 559.
8. Huseynova I.M., Sultanova N.F., Aliyev J.A. Histochemical visualization of ROS and antioxidant response to viral infections of vegetable crops grown in Azerbaijan. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014. V.81, pp. 26-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2014.03.002
9. Huseynova I.M., Sultanova N.F., Mamedov A. Ch., Suleymanov S.Y., Aliyev J.A. Biotic stress and crop improvement. In: Improvement of Crops in the Era of Climatic Changes, Chapter IV, Springer, 2014, v.2, XVII, pp. 61-90 (invited chapter). http://www.springer.com/life+sciences/plant+sciences/book/978-1-4614-23-1.
10. Huseynova I.M., Sultanova N.F., Mirzoyeva S.T., Aliyev J.A. Serological and molecular detection of virus infections of tomato (Solanum Lycopersicum L.) plants in Azerbaijan. Reports of ANAS, N.3, 2016, pp. 73-78.
11. Sultanova N, Gurbanova M, Huseynova İ. Physiological and Biochemical Changes in Melon (Cucumis Melo l.) Plants Infected with Zucchini Yellow Mosaic Virus. Abstracts of İnternational Conference “İnnovative Approaches to Coservation of Biodiversity” dedicated to 80th anniversary of the Institute of Botany, ANAS, Baku, Azerbaijan, October 2-4, 2016, p.70.
12. Huseynova I. M., Mirzayeva S. M., Sultanova N. F., Aliyeva D. R., Mustafayev N. Sh., Aliyev J. A. Virus-induced changes in photosynthetic parameters and peroxidase isoenzyme contents in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) plants. Photosynthetica, 2017, V 55 (3), pp. 1–10. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11099-017-0737-9.
|Membership with international and foreign scientific organizations|
|Pedagogical activity||Lectures to master degree students on specialty of molecular phytopathology at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnologies and lectures on specialty of lower plants to bachelor degree students at the Baku State University.|
|Other activities||2015, May-December: Participant of the project C2 entitled “Molecular diagnosis of different diseases of agricultural plants, seeds and GMO products imported into Azerbaijan” under United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute's (UNICRI) program “Strengthening Bio-Safety and Bio-Security Capabilities in South Caucasus and Central Asia”.
From 2010 to 2011: The participant of the project of Science Development Foundation of Azerbaijan Republic- EIF-2010-1(1)-40/24-M-20.
From 2011 to 2012: The participant of the project of Science Development Foundation of Azerbaijan Republic- “Molecular diagnostics of biotic stress factors infecting fruit and vegetable plants in Azerbaijan and ways of their prevention. SDF-2011-1(3)-82/48/3-M-80. (Biological, medical and agricultural sciences, Biodiversity).
2013: Travel grant for participation on the conference in Spain, Burgos (SDF-Mob-1-2013-1(7)-16/07/3)
2013: “The best poster” Certificate in International Conference Photosynthesis Research for Sustainability: in honor of Jalal A. Aliyev.
|Awards and prizes|
|Main place of work and its address||Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnologies of ANAS, AZ1073, Baku, pr., Matbuat, 2A|
|Office phone||(+994 12) 5381164|
|Fax||(+994 12) 5102433|