|Address||AZ1143, Azerbaijan Republic, Baku city, H.Javid Ave. 113|
|Phone||(+994 12) 5399382
(+994 12) 5393871
(+994 12) 5397756
|Fax||(+994 12) 5108593|
|General director||Academician Dilgam Babir oglu Taghiyev
Office phone: (+994 12) 4921556; (+994 12) 4927581; (+994 12) 5399382
Fax: (+994 12) 4921556
|Executive director||Mahammad Baba oglu Babanly
Correspondent member of ANAS
Office phone: (+994 12 ) 5387756
Mob.: (+994 51) 8378621
Doctor on chemical sciences
Office phone: (+994 12) 5108591
Mob.: (+994 50 ) 5784587
|Establishment history||The Institute of Chemistry – historical predecessor of M.Nagiyev Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry was founded in 1935 within Azerbaijan branch of AS of USSR. In 1965 the name of the Institute of Chemistry was changed to Institute of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry of Azerbaijan AS and this very year the Institute of Theoretical Problems of Chemical Technology of Azerbaijan AS was organized on the base of “Theoretical problems department” functioning under the leadership of academician Murtuza Nagiyev in the Institute of Petrochemical Processes. In 2002 these two Institutes were merged and the Institute of Chemical Problems named after academician M.Nagiyev was founded on their basis under decision of Cabinet of Ministry of Azerbaijan Republic. Name of the institute was changed to M.Nagiyev Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry according to the decision of Cabinet of Ministry of Azerbaijan Republic dated on 15 April 2014.|
|Basic activity directions||
- Working out of profitable catalysts and adsorbents for conversion of hydrocarbons and gas chemistry and environmental protection;
- Study of kinetics and mechanism of chemical processes, their modeling and optimization;
- Synthesis of functional materials for various purposes, topological insulators, nanocomposites, nanogels, molecular magnets and conductors.
- Efficient processes for processing local minerals and extraction of precious metals from waste, protection of hydraulic structures against corrosion.
Main scientific achievements
- Technological scheme of complex processing of mineral resources of Azerbaijan (polymetal ores, clays zeolites and others) has been developed;
- New inorganic compounds and hard solutions with special properties (photo-, thermoelectric, magnetic and medical-biological) have been synthesized;
- Scientific bases of preparation of zeolite catalysts modified by high-efficiency, ion exchange method have been created for oxidative transformation reactions of aliphatic alcohols to aldehydes, acids and complex ethers in one stage;
- Theory of coherent – synchronized reactions has been created and a new method for kinetic analysis of complex reactions has been proposed;
- Scientific bases of development of biome-metic sensors on the basis of immobilized ferriporphyrin biomimetic catalysts which can imitate the main functions of catalase and peroxidase ferments have been developed; Electrochemical methods of obtaining semi-conductor metal coverings and films have been developed, methods of protection from corrosion have been formed;
- New principles of synthesis and regulating the properties of complex forming polymer sorbents and metal polymer complex catalysts have been developed;
- Stable nitroxyl-radical complexes of transition metals with chelating ligands have been synthesized; their molecular and crystal structures have been studied.
Main scientific achievements of 2015 – 2017
- Semiconductor biomimetic electrode (Si) of catalase type the basic operating element is iron porphyrinic biomimetic catalyst was prepared for the first time. High activity and sensitivity of an electrode allows detecting the concentration of H2O2 up to 10-6 mass %, and the resistance to the effect of H2O2 facilitates its recycling.
- A new method based on the determination of coordinated mass- and heat flows has been developed for modeling and optimum design of chemical and technological systems on the example of optimum design of a complex of processing of cracking and pyrolysis gas.
- It is established that introduction of molybdenum on a surface of steel SH-15 Cr-Ti – carbide film by the method of thermo diffusion its anticorrosive and anti-erosive stability considerably increases and potential pitting -formation is displaced to a positive side on 200 mV.
- To preserve the prolonged effect of biologically active antibiotic doxorubicin nanocomposites poly-N-vinylpyrrolidone and biologically active antibiotic of doxorubicine nanobiocomposites on the basis of poly-N – arabic gum comprising 14-18 nm nanoparticles of silver were synthesized.
- Optimum parameters and the modes of extraction of valuable components from wastes of Dashkasan mining and processing works are defined. Ecologically harmless ways of leaching valuable metals from ore wastes have been developed in Azerbaijan for the first time.
- The perfect monocrystals of some mixed-layer tellurides on heavy p-elements with the properties of topological insulators have been grown and by joint researches with the international collaborators the possible application of them as effective transistors in terahertz detectors has been shown. On the basis of nanoantennas assembled from nanoscales of monocrystal layers the pilot scanning plant by means of which high-quality images of internal contents of various opaque objects have been obtained, has been prepared.
- Hydrosulphuric corrosion which is the result of activity of microbiological bacteria has been found on subwater steel constructions of Mingachevir reservoir. Having anaerobic properties, these microorganisms, feeding with sulfate ions in water environment releases H2S which promotes pitting corrosion.
- A method for obtaining 4 substituted monomer and oligomer phenylenediamines as prospective electrode materials for organic batteries has been developed.
- 7-9 nm new class piezoelectric nanocomposites of silver have been prepared on the basis of copolymer of poly-N-vinylpyrrolidone and arabic gum for designing acoustic antennas with a wide frequency interval for identification of subwater objects.
- The optimum mode and parameters of the directed synthesis of rutile and anatase modifications of titanium dioxide of Ajinohur titanium magnetite concentrates with natural gas using bioactive agent of chitosan as a modifier have been defined and the technological scheme of the process has been developed.
- Cd3As2S3Se3 compound with higher photosensitivity in wide spectral region compared to CdS, used in solar batteries has been synthesized. Photosensitive, optical properties of Cd3As2S3Se3 were studied, and the prospects of its using as a photo resistor in solar batteries have been shown.
- Selective action of biomimetic catalyst – perfluorinated iron tetraphenylporphyrin (per-FTPhPFe(III) OH/Al2O3) was established in the relation to cyclohexane in oxidation with hydrogen peroxide using methylcyclohexane and it was shown that in the process 11,3% of cyclohexanone is produced at 2000С, and at 2300С - 23,2% of cyclohexene.
- Single-stage solid-phase synthesis of metal ferrites from their oxides and natural raw materials – Dashkasan magnetite was performed under the effect of microwave radiation and their high activity in carbon monoxide oxidation reaction was established.
- Composites on a basis of hydrogels of quaternized poly-4-vinylpyridine containing silver nanoparticles on which the antibiotic doxycycline was immobilized have been synthesized and it was established that doxicycline keeps the biological activity for a long time in a nanocomposite and its partial separation from the carrier is observed for 48 hours.
- The technique of electrochemical obtaining nanostructured solar elements CdS/CdTe on a basis of glass /(In2O3,SnO2)/CdS(CdTe) has been developed and hybrid device for solar elements and nanocondensers accumulating electric energy was designed.
- By cyclohexane catalytic pyrolysis in the presence of ferrocene the carbon nanotubes containing iron carbide (Fe3C) and high-temperature γ-modifying iron have been obtained; their high catalytic activity in aerobic oxidation of ethylbenzene and styrene has been determined.
- On the first synthesized catalytic alloys ZrMo2, ZrV0.3, VFe0.2 methanol oxidation at 125-2250C along with formaldehyde and dimethyl ether production by 40-43% dimethoxymethane yield with cetane number 75-70.
- For the synthesis of thin corrosion-resistant Pb-Sb-Te films offered for the production of oilfield equipment, optimal electrolysis conditions have been determined and it has been established that these films extend the of steel parts of this equipment by 5-6 times.
- A new hexamethylferrocene / hexamethylfer-risinium (Me6Fc/Me6Fc+), octamethylferrocene / octamethylferrisinium (Me8Fc/Me8Fc+) systems have been developed that is faster in oxidation-reduction processes, have a more favorable electrode potential, and are more stable in solution in compare with the ferrocene / ferrisinium system used in non-aqueous media as an electrochemical reference electrode.
- There has been elaborated technologu of valuable metals extraction (Со, Сu, Zn, Mn) by the method of washing out the wastes from Dashkesan mining and processing plant$ the optimum parameters and rejime of the process have been determined as well.
- High sorption capacity of composite materials obtained by the hydrothermal method on the basis of polyvinyl pyrolidone and organobentonite, as compared to well-known sorbents has been fixed when sorbing heavy metals from waste water from ore production, cationic, anionic and non-ionic dyes from the wastes of textile industry.
-By solving the thermodynamic stability function of homogeneous phases using multi-parameter genetic algorithms of fuzzy systems, binodal and spinodal areas of two- and three-component chalcogenide solid solutions were determined and solid solutions with optimal functional properties were obtained.
Main scientific outputs for 2016-2021
- Low-energy photonic luminescent glasses containing (Ga2S3)1-x (La2S3)x-y (Er2S3)y which can be used for fabrication of temperature sensors, controllers, optical transducers have been synthesized and their properties have been studied.
- As a result of coherently-synchronised fixation of molecular nitrogen with hydrogen peroxide at atmospheric pressure without the use of a catalyst in a sectional pilot plant, the nitric oxide-1, nitrous oxide, nitrite and hypo-nitric acid with nitrogen conversion up to 50% by weight at 580°C have been obtained.
- For the first time, multi-walled carbon nanotubes have been synthesised in an assembled laboratory setup. These promising materials can be used in next-generation chemical processes: as catalysts, polymer stabilisers, cement modifiers, etc.
- Methods for creating non-stationary mathematical models and optimal control flowcharts have been developed, taking into account the different dynamics of chemical processes. The accuracy of these methods has been confirmed by calculation of optimum control modes for the processes included into the cracking and pyrolysis gas processing complex.
- For the first time the reaction of hydrogenation of acetylene into ethylene at room temperature with a selectivity of 87% on a metal-free polymeric carbon nitride has been discovered and optimum conditions for the process have been developed.
- The oxidation reaction of benzene in the presence of a silver nanocatalyst based on poly-N-vinylpyrrolidone at atmospheric pressure and temperature of 400oC has been studied and it was shown that the only product (99%) is a maleic anhydride; the catalyst remains active for several cycles.
- On the basis of the equations of hydraulic diffusion and filtration taking into account the influence of asphalt-resins and paraffins content in oil, rheological models of non-Newtonian oil have been developed and on their basis the transport of this oil, physical properties and porous medium coefficients have been calculated. Models of dependence of non-Newtonian oil viscosity on structure-forming asphalt-resin substances composition have been presented.
- On the basis of the analytical solution of the equation of hydraulic diffusion characteristic of non-Newtonian oils, new expressions for estimating hydraulic diffusion coefficients and permeability in porous media have been obtained, and a new filtration equation for the hydrodynamic filtration process of these oils has been proposed as well.
- New representatives of the layered compounds belonging to the homologous series MnTemBV2Te3 (BV-Bi, Sb) have been synthesized and obtained as single crystals. By studying of the obtained crystal samples it has been established, that magnetic, electronic and topological properties of these materials strongly depend on the "m" coefficient. This opens up the wide opportunities for creating new effective Van der Waals heterostructures for topological quantum computing of antiferromagnetic and two-dimensional spintronics on their basis.
- Based on theoretically justified kinetic models the optimum reactor type for the catalytic oxidation of chlorinated hydrocarbons has been selected. It has been determined that the selective oxidation of chloroethylenes should be carried out in reactors with a "hot" catalyst bed and the processes of deep oxidation should be carried out in reactors with a "stationary" bed by creating an ideal compression model.
- New enterosorbents based on chitosan modifiers have been synthesized and their sorption properties from aqueous solutions of cobalt (II), copper (II) and nickel (II) ions have been studied. It has been shown that chitosan modifiers possess high sorption capacity with respect to small amounts of these ions.
- By the combined method Fe2O3/TiO2 and FeSx/TiO2 thin-layer heterosystems have been created and their photoelectrochemical properties have been studied. It has been shown that Fe2O3/TiO2 FeSx/TiO2 thin-layer heterosystems possess photocatalytic properties and they can be used as a model electrode for photoelectrolysis.
- The formation of the magnetic semiconductor graphene nanocrystals for nano-electronics, their electronic structure, physical and physical-chemical characteristics have been simulated by the quantum-chemical methods. By non-empirical calculations the reconstruction of the crystal energy band, Fermi level shift and band gap broadening as a result of vacancies or germanium atom influence on the graphene crystal have been confirmed.
- A nanostructured bifunctional biomimetic catalyst penta-FTPhPFe(III)/ Al2O3 for direct gas-phase oxidation of methane into methanol hydrogen peroxide (19.2% yield) and its dehydration into dimethyl ether (8.2%) with general selectivity up to 90% has been synthesized.
|Total number of employees||Number of employees - 434, scientific workers - 254, including 5 academicians, 3 corresponding members, 32 doctors of sciences, 112 Ph.Ds.|
|Structural subdivisions||Department “Sorption processes”
Laboratory “Zeolite catalysis”
Department “Scientific-information and patent investigations”
Laboratory “Inorganic synthetic sorbents”
Laboratory “Mineral sorbents”
Department “Inorganic functional materials”
Laboratory "Synthesis components of functional materials"
Laboratory “Chalcogenides of transition elements”
Laboratory "Thermodynamics of functional inorganic materials"
Laboratory “Composite coating materials and corrosion protection”
Department “Oxidation heterogeneous catalysis”
Laboratory “Processing of by-products of chemical industry”
Laboratory “Physical-chemical technologies and their modeling”
Department “Coherent-synchronized oxidation reactions”
Laboratory “Oxidation with hydrogen peroxide by nano-carbon catalysts”
Laboratory “Modeling of monooxygenase reactions”
Laboratory “Biomimetic sensors and oxidation with nitrogen 1-oxide”
Laboratory“Synthesis of organic ligands for biomimetic catalysts”
Department “Modeling and technology of chemical and ecological processes”
Laboratory “Catalysts processing”
Laboratory “Ecological catalysis”
Department “Nano- and electrocatalysis”
Laboratory “Electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of rhenium alloys”
Laboratory “Nanostructured metal-polymer catalysts”
Laboratory “Nano-composite catalysts”
Laboratory “Nano-electrochemistry and electrocatalysis”
Laboratory “Nano-catalysts based on metal-organic compounds”
Department “Complex processing of mineral raw material”
Laboratory “Processing of non-ore mineral raw material”
Laboratory “Processing of iron and titanium ore raw material”
Laboratory Analytical chemistry
Laboratory “Processing of non-ferrous mineral raw material”
Department “Coordination compounds”
Laboratory “Complex compounds of rare metals”
Laboratory “Molecular magnetics and conductors”
Laboratory “Metal-clathrate compounds
Laboratory “Metal organic compounds of transition metals”
Laboratory “Disposal of toxic chemicals”
Laboratory “Modeling of chemical-technological processes”
Department “Scientific publications”
Department “International relations, grant projects and innovation”
Department of Physical-Chemical Analyses
- deputy chairman
academician Dilgam Taghiyev
corresponding member Mahammad Babanly
doctor of sciences in chemistry Mina Munshiyeva
academician Tofik Nagiyev
academician Agadadash Aliyev
academician Ajdar Majidov
correspondent member Gudret Kelbeliyev
corresponding member Eldar Zeynalov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Vagif Ahmadov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Asif Mammadov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Ikhtiyar Bakhtiyarly
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Arif Efendi
doctor of sciences in chemistry, senior researcher Akif Aliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Fikret Sadigov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, senior researcher Nizami Zeynalov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Elza Salahova
Ph.D in chemistry, associate professor Faig Mammadov
Ph.D in chemistry Esmira Kuli-zade
doctor of sciences in chemistry Iltifat Latifov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Imir Aliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Mirsalim Asadov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Zemfira Agaeva
doctor of sciences in chemistry Etibar Ismailov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Vaqif Akhmedov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Nahmed Ali-zade
Ph.D in chemistry Rena Mirzayeva
Ph.D in chemistry Sevinc Mammadova
Ph.D in chemistry Ulviyye Nammadova
Ph.D in chemistry Vaqif Qasimov
Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
PhD in chemistry, senior researcher Elmir Bababyev
PhD in chemistry, senior researcher Nigar Ibrahimova
Ph.D in chemistry, leading researcher Ulviyye Mammadova
junior researcher Sariyya Agamammadova
PhD in chemistry Sevinj Osmanova
junior researcher Vusal Ahmadov
PhD in chemistry Nurana Malikova
junior researcher Elvin Jabbarov
junior researcher Gulshen Nehmetova
scientific researcher Ilaha Mahdieyva
scientific researcher Elnur Orujov
junior researcher Ayten Babazade
- deputy chair
- scientific secretary- members
2316.01- academician Dilgam Babir Taghiyev - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2303.01 - corresponding member Mahammad Baba Babanly - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2316.01 - PhD in chemistry Ulviyye Mammadova
2316.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry Sefa Islam Abbasov - Institute of Petrochemical Processes
2316.01 - corresponding member Eldar Zeynalov - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2303.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry, professor Ajdar Mejidov Akbar - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2303.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry, professor Ikhtiyar Bakhtiyarli Bahram - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2316.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry, professor Vagif Ahmadov Malik - Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry
2303.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry Akif Aliyev Shixan - Institute of Petrochemical Processes
2303.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry, professor Imir Aliyev Ilyas - Institute of Petrochemical Processes
2303.01 - doctor of sciences in chemistry, professor Ozbek Aliyev M. - Institute of Petrochemical Processes
- deputy chairman
- bureau members
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Arif Efendi
doctor of sciences in chemistry Elsa Salahova
doctor of sciences in chemistry Dilbar Ajdarova
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher Vagif Gasimov
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher Aygun Rustamova
|PR responsible person||PhD in chemistry, leading researcher, associate professor Faig Mammadov|
|Doctors of sciences|