|Address||AZ1141, Baku city, Bakhtiyar Vahabzadeh street, 9|
|Phone||(+994 12) 5390151,
(+994 12) 5392743
|Fax||(+994 12) 5392826|
|General director||Academician Ali Mamed oglu Abbasov|
|Executive director||Corress.-member Aminaga Bahman oglu Sadigov
Office phone: (+994 12) 5390151
Fax: (+994 12) 5392826
|Deputy directors||On general affairs
PhD in engineering, associate professor
Office phone: (+994 12) 5390531Fax: (+994 12) 5392826
Doctor of Engineering
|Scientific secretary||Zara Alakbar gizi Azizova
Office phone: (+994 12) 5393943
Fax: (+994 12) 5392826
|Establishment history||The laboratory of electro-modeling was organized in May, 1952 under the Petroleum expedition of Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences(AS) and served as the beginning of the creation of the Institute. In 1956, because of the reorganization of Petroleum expedition the Laboratory of electro-modeling has been included into the structure of the Institute of Physics and Mathematics of AS, and since 1958 it was transferred into the structure of the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics and called Computer Center (CC).
At the end of 50s, the appearance of universal digital computers in Azerbaijan stimulated researches on numerical methods and programming. As a matter of this, in 1960 CC was extracted into an independent organization in the system of AS of the Republic. In the same year the computer laboratory was created in the structure of CC. This was the second one, after Ukraine, among the former Soviet republics, which played the main role in the development of Cybernetics, computer science and other engineering sciences. In 1965 CC was reorganized into the Institute of Cybernetics.
Department of the "Computer Aided Control Systems» created in 1971 in the structure of the Institute was extracted from the Institute in 2002 into an independent Institute of Information Technologies. Cybernetics Institute was appointed the leading organization for the establishment of "the Republic of Automated Management Systems" (1977-1981).
In 2014, by the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Institute of Cybernetics of ANAS was renamed as the "Institute of Control Systems".
From the day the Institute was established and to 1965, the Institute was headed by Doctor of Engineering, Professor Alasgarov Said Amiraslan, in 1965-1970 by Academician Huseynov Ashraf Isgender, in 1970-1988 by Academician Allahverdiyev Jalal Eyvaz.
Since 1988, the Institute has been headed by a Doctor of Engineering, Professor, holder of Shohret Order, Honored Worker of Science, Academician Aliyev Telman Abbas.
Human resources of the Institute:
In Institute there are 4 academicians, 3 corresponding member, 24 doctors of science, 56 PhD.
The Institute consists of 6 departments and 26 laboratories.
|Basic activity directions||The scientific research activity of the Institute is based on the scientific programs in accordance with the decree of President of the Azerbaijan Republic on "The State Program of implementation of the National Strategy of Science Development in the Azerbaijan Republic for 2009-2015" and focused on the following priority areas:
1. Theoretical and applied problems of the development of hybrid information technologies and the intellectual control systems raising the profitability of industrial objects and allowing one the produce of competitive production;
2. Theoretical and applied problems of development of monitoring of technologies and the systems providing forecasting of failures, bringing harm to the economics and ecology of the country;
3. Theoretical and applied problems of mathematical modeling, identification, optimization and control of economic and production processes;
4. Theoretical and applied problems of development of intellectual technologies and information communication systems.
5. Efficient production facilities, which provide sub-optimal and optimal functioning of the different types of regimes and the new generation of "intelligent, hybrid, robust control, diagnostics, prediction and control systems," the establishment of the theoretical bases.
The Institute carries out theoretical and applied researches on such fundamental problems:
The theory of identification; the analysis of noisy signals; mathematical modeling; optimization; artificial intellect and diagnostic systems and the distributed intellectual monitoring for such objects, as oil and gas production, oil refining, transport, power industry, construction etc.
|Main scientific achievements||Scientific achievements of 2013
1. Based on the position-binary signal identification method developed at the Institute, the new generation robust noise monitoring system for remote diagnostics and control of downhole oil extraction equipment has been created and introduced at 35 wells of the oil and gas extraction enterprise “Bibi Heybat Oil”.
The system allows for over 50% electrical energy sasvings, considerably increasing the overhaul period of oil extraction equipment and improving the cost-effectiveness more than twofold. Azneft PA has issued the act confirming the feasibility of manufacturing and introduction of the system in other oil and gas extraction enterprises. (Implemented by Acad. T.A. Aliev; Doctor of Engineering Prof. O.Q. Nusratov; G.A. Guluyev, PhD in Engineering; As.G. Rzayev, PhD in Engineering; M.G. Rezvan, Y.G. Aliyev)
2. Following the results of the experiments conducted on the seismic-acoustic noise monitoring stations installed in Ramana, oilfield of Balakhani Oil, and at the Kopetdag 100 km from Ashgabat (Turkmenistan), it has been established that a correlation exists between the radius of monitoring and the depth of wells. In the seismically active countries with no oil wells, the monitoring of anomalous seismic processes and their locations well in advance of earthquakes can be carried out by creating a network of seismic-acoustic stations of noise monitoring. (Implemented by Acad. T.A. Aliev, Doctor of Engineering Prof. O.Q. Nusratov, Q.A. Quluyev, PhD in Engineering, As.G. Rzayev, PhD in Engineering, M.G. Rezvan, Y.G. Aliyev)
3. Mathematical models describing the capacity of oil fields are proposed. Various statistical estimates of the capacity are determined by means of modern statistical methods. The properties of the estimates are studied and their efficiency is demonstrated. (Implemented by Corresponding Member of ANAS, Prof. Hajiyev A.G.)
4. Randomized access scheme in multirate Erlang's models is introduced and effective methods to calculate their quality of service metrics are developed. A new class jump priorities in multi-flow systems is introduced and effective methods to calculate their quality of service metrics are developed. These methods allow for analyzing the large scale models. (Implemented by Corresponding Member of ANAS, Doctor of Engineering Melikov A.Z., Doctor of Engineering, Associate Professor Fattakhova M.I.)
5. Based on fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic theory, fuzzy models for estimating the social quality factors were built. To solve the problems, a method corresponding to these models has been proposed. These models can be used by decision makers in the process of economical and social management. Implemented by Prof. Q.J. Imanov, PhD in Economics
6. A mathematical approach has been proposed for the management of water resources based on the formalization of mutual influence of global and hydrological changes. The distinguishing feature of this approach is that it gives the opportunity to study the abrupt jump modes caused by small continuous alteration of variables influencing the behavior of the hydrological system. A.B.Sadigov)
7. We have performed numerical investigation of the transient modes of oil and gas flow in complex hydraulic pipelines with loops described by boundary problems with undivided boundary conditions relative to second order hyperbolic equations system. Two numerical methods based on the method of lines and the grid method and the special algorithms for the pass of undivided boundary conditions have been developed. The developed methods and algorithms can be included in the systems for the operative dispatcher control of oil and gas transportation modes in pipeline systems. Ayda-zade K.R., Ashrafova Y.R., Asadova D.A.
8. Theoretical research methods have been developed for forecasting and monitoring of change of ground waters level. These methods have been applied to studying of large-scale landslide processes caused by various natural and anthropogenic factors. Based on the obtained results, the relevant design algorithms for practical problems have been created. Implemented by A.B. Hasanov
9. The necessary conditions in the form of the linearized maximum condition in optimal control problems of Rosser type and difference equations of Volterra type systems have been obtained. (Implemented by Prof. K.B.Mansimov, Doctor of Mathematics; Zh.B. Akhmedova, PhD in Mathematics; M.M. Nasiyati, S.Sh. Qadirova)
10. The effects of solar radiation intensity on economic and demographic indicators of Azerbaijan were estimated by means of econometric models. Implemented by Doctor of Economics, Prof. Yadulla Hasanli, Nizami Ismayilov
11. The specific characteristics of dynamometer and wattmeter cards of the wells operated by sucker rod pumps have been analyzed; the algorithms for normalization and scaling of the arrays of motion, force and power data have been developed. Based on wattmeter information and position-binary technology, the identification algorithms have been created for the diagnostics of malfunction of ground and underground equipment on the stage of its origin. (Implemented by Acad. T.A. Aliev; Doctor of Engineering Prof. O.Q. Nusratov; Q.A. Quluyev, PhD in Engineering; As.G. Rzayev, PhD in Engineering; M.G. Rezvan, Y.G. Aliyev)
12. The proposed algorithm improves the accuracy of the signal identification by means of the position-binary method. In this algorithm, at each time point of signal sampling, a step pairwise shift of numerical values of the readouts is performed. The obtained minimum value for these points is used for calculating the distance of signals proximity. The algorithm was applied in the systems of diagnostics of oil extraction objects and its high efficiency was confirmed. Implemented by Doctor of Engineering, Prof. O.G.NUSRATOV, A.B. KERIMOV, PhD in Engineering.
13. A new fuzzy model to predict the semi-structured time series is developed. Based on the statistical quality criteria, such as MSE – Mean Squared Error and MAPE – Mean Absolute Percentage Error, its advantage over existing similar models is defined. (Implemented by Rzayev R.R., PhD in Engineering)
14. The algorithm for the classification of risks on different parameters has been developed. Based on the developed algorithms and using the modern programming technologies, the interactive program for monitoring of risks of regional and republican level has been prepared. The developed program provides monitoring of risks and flexible risk management. Implemented by E.R. Aliyev, PhD in Engineering, Kh.Kh. Abdullaev, PhD in Engineering.
15. The method of identification of controversial cases related to e-signature in the environment of electronic document flow has been developed. Symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic algorithms, various cash-algorithms and network protocols have been used in the development of the method. Based on the developed method, the audit software for inspection of disputable cases has been created. This program is intended for use as the technical tool for audit commissions. Implemented by I.M. Akhmedov , U.G. Gurbanli
16. A new more effective MFJP (Modified Fuzzy Joint Points) solution algorithm for clustering problems based on fuzzy neighborhood relations is proposed, and it is proven that the MFJP is n/log2n times faster than the known basic FJP algorithm. (Implemented by Doctor of Mathematics Nasibov Y.)
17. The concepts of optimistic, pessimistic, suboptimistic and subpessimistic solution are given to the problem of Boolean programming with one restriction with integer interval data, and methods have been developed for the establishment of these solutions. Authors: Prof. K.Sh.Mammadov and A. Mammadova
18. The model of the unsteady current of a liquid based on the Lagrange approach is developed. For implementation of numerical experiments, the program module based on the “system of systems” ideology has been developed. Implemented by Assoc.Prof. A.B. Pashayev, PhD in Mathematics, Assoc.Prof. E.N. Sabziyev, PhD in Mathematics
19. Algorithms, technologies and software for forming robust sets of informative attributes of identification of the dynamics of changes in the technological process of innovative building materials manufacturing have been developed. This makes it possible to detect deviation from the normal operation mode in due time, to predict possible change in the quality of the manufactured product and to forecast accidents.
Authors: Musayeva N.F., Doctor of Science, Professor
20. A “system shell” (proto-frame) of EIA methodology, which adapts the EIA international experience (“world good practice”) to the conditions of the Caspian Sea has been developed, and a “mechanism for combining evidence” has been proposed, which, unlike the well-known model of Shortliffe L. (MYCIN expert system), can be used for a generalized assessment of EIA for evidences n ≥ 2.
(Performed by Assoc. Prof. Garayev R.A., PhD in Engineering)
21. The numerical investigation is carried out for dynamic systems with distributed parameters under non-given initial conditions. We have investigated the dependence of the time of the influence of initial conditions on the current state of the process from the various parameters involved in the problem. It is considered that the results of the research can be used for the solution to the problems which are activated for a long time, particularly, for the exploitation of oil and gas fields, during oil and gas transportation by pipeline, for the monitoring of the ecological state of the regions, etc. Implemented by K.R.Aida-zade, Y.R.Ashrafova
22. We have investigated a class of inverse problems with respect to linear loaded differential equations with ordinary and partial derivatives under non-separated point and integral observations. We have proposed an approach to numerical solution to the initial problem that, first, does not require increasing the dimension of the system of equations, second, does not use any iterative procedure. The results of the work can be used for investigating the state of the process of movement of underground water, oil, and gas, taking into account that the quantitative record of oil production is maintained, for example, for every 24 hours or more prolonged period when exploiting oil and gas deposits. K.R.Aida-zade, V.M.Abdullayev
23. We have proposed and substantiated a numerical technique for solving the class of inverse coefficient problems with respect to linear parabolic and hyperbolic equations under nonlocal overdetermination conditions. The proposed technique is based on the method of lines and uses a special representation of the solution to the boundary-value problem, which involves the solution to auxiliary problems with respect to systems of ordinary differential equations.
The results of the investigations can be used when we mathematically simulate underground hydraulic gas dynamics processes, as well as ecological and other processes, in which it is impossible to measure the process state instantly on time or at separate points of the object.K.R.Aida-zade, S.R.Musayev, A.B.Rahimov
24. We have created a hybrid system that recognizes the main point of the request of a user in man-machine interactive systems. The system is based on fuzzy neural models and on hidden Markov models. It has been proved that the results of the hybrid system are more efficient that those of the individual models that constitute a part of the hybrid system.
The system can be used in reference-information centers of large enterprises to implement computer-based processing of incoming queries and to make a decision on addressing a query to the corresponding person or subdivision. K.R.Aida-zade, S.S.Rustamov, E.E.Mustafayev
25. We have developed a system of unconstrained optimization of functions of many variables with an interactive and automatic intellectual control unit for controlling an optimization package.
The system is implemented with the application of parallel calculations technology on the base of multicore computing machinery with the use of modern information and computer technologies.
The system can be used for solving various practical optimization and decision-making problems, as well as included into automated and automatic systems of control of technological processes and technical objects as a subsystem. K.R.Aida-zade, S.Z.Guliyev, S.Q.Talibov
26. We have investigated an optimal control problem, in which the status of the system is described with a differential equations system with integral boundary conditions. Using the contracting mapping principle, we have proved the existence and singularity of the boundary problem for every fixed admissible control. Various necessary first and second order optimality conditions have been obtained. The obtained results can be used to build nuclear radiation protection structure, in mathematical biology, in the simulation of demographic processes, etc. Implemented by Assoc. Prof. Y.A. Sharifov, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
27. Development of the new control technology to increase the cost-effectiveness of thermochemical processing of oil (Rzayev Ab.G., Doctor of Engineering)
28. The analytical expression of distribution of the semi-Markov walk process with a positive drift and a negative jump has been found for time Laplace transforms, phase Fourier-Stieltjes transforms. Implemented by Y.A. Ibayev, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Sh.B. Bakhshiyev, PhD in Engineering
29. A two-layer neural network for differential diagnostics of poisoning by carbon monoxide and 15 toxic substances with similar clinical presentation has been developed; the training algorithm has been developed for the network; the adequacy of the system has been proved experimentally and it has been successfully tested at the Republican Toxicology Center. Implemented by Assoc. Prof. G.G. Abdullayeva, PhD in Mathematics
30. A model of neural network based on metric methods of recognition has been proposed. It has been demonstrated for those networks that the amount of neurons, layers and links is determined analytically based on the initial conditions of the recognition problem, such as the number of references, images and informative attributes. The analytical determination of the network parameters allows for the maximum optimization of the network as well as for its quick adaptation to the multitask mode. Implemented by Heydarov P.Sh., PhD in Engineering
31. To develop the optimal automatic classification of objects described by quantitative attributes, new effective computational algorithms based on evolutionary principles have been proposed and the relevant software has been developed. The proposed algorithms can be applied for solving some problems in geology, medicine, space exploration and social economy. Implemented by R.I. Davudova, PhD in Mathematics
32. The transversality conditions have been found for stochastic systems with variable structure, when diffusion coefficients depend on the control. The maximum principle for the optimum solution has been obtained. (Implemented by Agayeva Ch.A., PhD in Mathematics)
33. To investigate the confinement of turbulent energy, a mathematical model has been built for the description of the Ranque-Hilsch effect by means of the ecl-solution introduced by the author. (Implemented by A.A. Akhundov, Doctor of Mathematics)
34. The problem with the conditions on the entire boundary in the non-classical interpretation has been substantiated for one pseudoparabolic equation generalizing Boussinesq-Lyav equations that describe lateral waves in thin elastic nail with the allowance for the effects of transversal inertia; a new solution method has been developed for them. (Implemented by Assoc. Prof. I.G. Mammadov, PhD in Mathematics)35. The finally boundary problem in the non-classical interpretation has been substantiated for one pseudoparabolic equation generalizing Aller equations, Mangeron equations and other model equations and a new solution method has been developed for them. (Implemented by Assoc. Prof. I.G. Mammadov, PhD in Mathematics)
|Total number of employees||332|
|Structural subdivisions||Department of Identification Methods and Control Systems
Laboratory of Identification Methods
Laboratory of Signal Recognition Methods and Technical Diagnostic Systems
Laboratory of Monitoring and Prediction of Failures
Laboratory of Identification of Stochastic Processes
Laboratory of Monitoring of Technical Objects and Control Systems
Laboratory of Intelligent Decision-Making Methods and Computer Systems
Laboratory of Intelligent information processing systems
Laboratory of Methods for Real-time Analysis of Non-stationary Processes
Laboratory of Control, Diagnostics and Management System for Oil Extracting facilities
Laboratory of Control and Measurement Tools for Transportation of Oil and Gas Products
Department of Theoretical Control Problems
Laboratory of Mathematical Control Problems
Laboratory of Stochastic Control and Applied Statistics
Laboratory of Teletraffic Theory
Laboratory of Control in complex dynamic systems
Laboratory of Models and Methods of Discrete Optimization
Laboratory of Probabilistic Control Methods
Department of Control methods and Modeling
Laboratory of Numerical Decision-making Methods in Deterministic Systems
Laboratory of Modeling and Forecasting of Technical and Anthropogenic Processes
Laboratory of Modelling of the technical objects
Laboratory of Modelling of the ecological processes
Laboraty of Modelling and managment in agrculture
Laboratory of Intellectual analysis of knowledge
Laboratory of Mathematical Analaysis in Nanotechnology Application of the Oil Industry
Department of Modelling of Socioeconomic Systems
Modeling Laboratory of Fiscal Strategy
Laboratory Modeling of Social and Economic Processes
Department of Foreign Relations and Innovations
Department of Scientific Technical Information and Patent Research
Laboratory of Fuzzy Economy
|Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
Mastaliyev Rashad Ogtay oglu
Aliyeva Aygun Akbar gizi
Guliyeva Rana Safar gizi
Rustamov Samir Sabir oglu
Ibayev Elshan Akif oglu
Ashrafova Yegana Ramiz gizi
Rahimov Anar Beybala oglu
Guliyev Samir Zakir oglu
Pashayeva Yegana Ilgar gizi
Pur Riza Samir Mased oglu
Mammadova Ayla Huseyn gizi
Jafarov Jahangir Maarif oglu
Jamalov Zaur Zeynal oglu
Pasha Parvin Farhad oglu
Suleymanli Bahram Adalat oglu
Aliyeva Zarina Yusif gizi
Bayramov Vusal Valeh oglu
Mammadov Vusal Jalil oglu
Jabiyeva Shams Mutallim gizi
Idrisova Ulviyya Jabrayil gizi
Pushnova Valeriya Valeryevna
Babayeva Sevinj Tofig gizi
Hidayatzadeh Sayyara Gismatali gizi
Najafova Lamiya Hamza gizi
Alishzadeh Nigar Oktay gizi
Mammadova Laman Heybat gizi
Ahmadli Nigar Ahmad gizi
Babayeva Vusala Jahid gizi
Melikzade Zumrud Imran gizi
Aliyev Yadigar Arif oglu
Talibova Nigar Gabil gizi
Jafarova Raya Elbrus gizi
Aydamirova Aysel Hatamshah gizi
- deputy chair
- scientific secretary- members
Aliyev Telman Abbas, doctor of engineering, professor, academician
Ibrahimov Vagif Rza, doctor of mathematics, professor
Pashayev Adalat Bakhtiyar, PhD in mathematics, associate professor
Abdullayev Vagif Maarif, doctor of mathematics, associate professor
Jafarov Sayaddin Meshedi, doctor of engineering, professor
Aliyev Elchin Rashid, doctor of engineering, associate professor
Aliyev Isbandiyar Museyib, doctor of engineering, associate professor
Fattakhova Mekhriban Isa, doctor of engineering, associate professor
Hasanov Allakhverdi Bivakir, doctor of engineering, professor
Gumbatov Ramiz Topush, doctor of engineering, professor
Guliyev Mamedkerim Agakerim, doctor of engineering, professor
Guluyev Gambar Agaverdi, doctor of engineering
Mekhdiyeva Galina Yuryevna, doctor of mathematics, professor
Melikov Agasi Zarbali, doctor of engineering, professor
Musayeva Naila Fuad, doctor of engineering, professor
Mamedov Knyaz Shiraslan, doctor of mathematics, professor
Mamedov Ilgar Gurbat, Doctor of Sciences on Mathematics, associate professor
Rzayev Abbas Heydar, doctor of engineering
Rzayev Ramin Rza, doctor of engineering, associate professor
Rzayev Tofig Heydar, doctor of engineering, professor
Sadigov Aminaga Bakhman, doctor of engineering, professor
Yagubov Mammad Hagverdi, doctor of mathematics, professor
Zeynalov Elchin Razim, doctor of engineering
- deputy chairman
- bureau members
Azizova Zahra Alakbar gizi
Gurbanova Sadagat Hasan gizi
|Doctors of sciences|