|Place of Birth||Baku, Azerbaijan Republic|
|Date of Birth||12.09.1960|
|Education||Azerbaijan State University|
|Scientific degree||Doctor of Sciences|
|Topic of PhD thesis:
- specialty code
- specialty name- topic name
Paleontology and Stratigraphy
Filogeny, systematics and paleoecological-biogeochemical characteristics of the Anthropogenic mollusks Didacna of the South Caspian depression Western flank
|Topic of doctoral thesis:
- specialty code
- specialty name- topic name
Geology, search and exploration of oil-gas depositsFacies and cyclicity of sedimentation of the Meso-Cenozoic deposits of the Middle-, South Caspian depression western flank
|Election of corresponding member of ANAS:
- date- specialty name
|Total number of printed scientific publications
- number of scientific publications printed abroadnumber of papers published in journals indexed and abstracted in international databases
|Certificates of authorship and number of patents|
- number of PhD
- number of Doctors
|Main scientific achievements||-Reconstruction of the Meso-Cenozoic deposits’ depositional environment in the Western flank of the Middle-, South Caspian basins, revealing of the facial control and cyclicity in the accumulation of the source and reservoir rocks;
-Proof of the occurrence of thick hydrocarbon reservoirs in the central deeply subsided part of the South Caspian basin;
-Revealing of the high frequency Caspian Sea level change in the formation of the HC reservoir architecture in the South Caspian basin;
-Thorough studies of the Pliocene Productive Series depositional environment, paleogeographic zoning of the Pliocene basin, and reservoir quality divions of the basins;
-Centimetre scale measuring of the whole Productive Series section exposed in the Kirmaki Valley, Absheron peninsula;
-Based on the sedimentological descriptions of the mud volcanic outbursts paleogeographic reconstructions of the South Caspian basin western flank in the Eocene-Miocene.
|Names of scientific works||
1. A multicomponent anomaly in the bottom sediments and seawater of the central part of the South Caspian depression. Geochemistry International, Vol. 38, #9, 2000. 921 -928 (co-authors İ. Guliyev et. al.).
2. Sedimentation in a discharge - dominated fluvial - lacustrine system the Neogene Productive Series of the South Caspian Basin, Azerbaijan. 2004. Marine and Petroleum Geology, №21, Issue 5, 613- 638 (co-authors D.Xinds et. al.).
3. Reservoirs of the Lower Pliocene Productive series at western flank of the South Caspian basin. 2005. Lithology and Mineral Resources, Vol.40, #3, Moscow, 267-278.
4. Two deltas, two basins, one river, one sea: The modern Volga delta as an analogue of the Neogene Productive Series, South Caspian Basin. 2005. SEPM (Sedimentary Geology) Special Publication 83, River Deltas – Concepts, Models and Examples, Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A, 231-256 (co-authors S. Krunenberg et. al.).
5. Development of the Kura delta, Azerbaijan: a record of Holocene Caspian sea-level changes. 2005. Marine geology, vol.223, 359-380 (co-authors J.Boels et. al.).
6. Environmental control on source rocks and reservoirs accumulation in the Jurassic series of the MCB south-western flank. Proceedings of the International Conference of European Association of Geosciences and Engineers “Petroleum Geology & Hydrocarbon Potential of Caspian and Black Sea Regions”, Baku, 2008 (co-authors A. Feyzullayev et. al.).
7. Pliocene deep reservoirs in the South Caspian basin. Proceedings of 74th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2012.
8. Contrasting Pliocene fluvial depositional systems within the rapidly subsiding South Caspian Basin; a case study of the palaeo-Volga and palaeo-Kura river systems in the Surakhany Suite, Upper Productive Series, onshore Azerbaijan. 2010. Marine and Petroleum Geology, №27, 2079-20106 (co-authors S.Vinsent et. al.).
9. The elemental stratigraphy of the South Caspian Lower Pliocene Productive Series. 2013. STRATI 2013. Springer Geology 2014. 827-831 (co-authors A. Alizada et. al.).
10. А magnetostratigraphic time frame for Plio-Pleistocene transgressions in the South Caspian Basin, Azerbaijan. 2013. Global and Planetary Change, Elsevier, volume 103, 119-134 (co-authors K. van Baak et. al.).
11. Onset of Maikop sedimentation and cessation of Eocene arc volcanism in the Talysh Mountains, Azerbaijan. Geological Society London, Special publications, №428, 2015 (co-authors A. van der Boon et. al.).
|Membership with international and foreign scientific organizations||1. EAGE
Supervisor of 14 PhD and Master studentsTeacher at the Master Studies Department of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the International Scientific journal “Stratigraphy and Sedimentology of the Oil-Gas basins”Member of the Dissertation Council affiliated to the Geology and Geophysics Institute of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
|Awarding and prizes||
Laureate of the State Award of the Azerbaijan Republic
|Place of work and its address||
Oil- Gas Scientific Research and Project Institute of SOCAR, AZ1012, Baku, H. Zardabi pr, 88a.
|Position||Head of Departments|
|Office phone||(+994 12) 5211547|
|Mobil||(+994 50) 6408408|
|Home phone||(+994 12) 5382002|
|Fax||(+994 12) 5372285; (+994 12) 4318708|