|Place of Birth||Agdam city, Azerbaijan Republic|
|Date of Birth||10.02.1942|
|Education||Azerbaijan Industrial Institute|
|Scientific degree||Doctor of Technical Science|
|Topic of PhD thesis:
- specialty code
- specialty name- topic name
Computer-Aided Control Systems
Invariance Theory and Applications
|Topic of doctoral thesis:
- specialty code
- specialty name
- topic name
Computer-Aided Control Systems
Automation of control processes at the oil refineries
|Election of corresponding member of ANAS:
- date- specialty name
|Total number of printed scientific publications
- number of scientific publications printed abroad- number of papers published in journals indexed and abstracted in international databases
|Certificates of authorship and number of patents||15|
- number of PhD
- number of Doctors
|Main scientific achievements||Formulation of invariance conditions for MIMO feedforward-feedback deterministic, stochastic (1967), and fuzzy (1981) control systems.
Initiation of the integration principles of decision and control processes in intelligent manufacturing systems, 1969.
Development of the methods for synthesis of a stochastic variable structure systems (1976).
Development of coordination theory for multi-level distributed manufacturing systems 1980.
Development of fuzzy logic ALI1, ALI2, and ALI3, 1984-1986.
Formulation of conditions for adequacy of fuzzy models, 1984.
Development of theory and construction principle of fuzzy intelligent robots, 1986.
Development of fuzzy expert systems, including expert system shell ESPLAN, 1987
Formulation of the concept of fuzzy distributed intelligent systems (1988), development of their creation methods (1993).
Initiation of Soft Computing based distributed multi-agent intelligent systems with competition and cooperation among agents, 1997.
Development of the genetic algorithm based learning method of fuzzy neural networks, 1997.
Development of a new concept of fuzzy regression analysis based on genetic algorithms, 1998.
Development of a new method for fuzzy forecasting (2001)
|Names of scientific works||
|Membership with international and foreign scientific organizations||1. The President of the Azerbaijan Association “Zadeh Legacy and Artificial intelligence”
2. R.A.Aliev’s served as the Chairman of the following scientific conferences:
a) International Conference on Application of Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing, ICAFS 1994-2014.
b) World Conference on Intelligent Systems for Industrial Automation, WCIS 2000-2014.
c) International Conference on Soft Computing and Computing with Words in System Analysis, Decision and Control, ICSCCW 2001-2015.
3. R.A. Aliev is the Editor-in-Chief of "Bilgi" (Knowledge) journal and journal of Intelligent Control and Decision Making Systems, Associate Editor of Information Sciences journal, a member of the Advisory Boards of the International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making and IEEE Systems journal, Editorial member of the Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (Japan), a member of Editorial Advisory Board of the International Journal of Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing.
4. He was elected a professor of Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA (1998), a professor of Tabriz University, Iran (1992), a visiting professor at the University of Siegen (1991), Siegen, Germany and at the Near East University (2002) , Cyprus.
5. Member of Russian Association for Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing.
6. Member of IEEE.
7. Member of IFSA.8. Member of NAFIPS.
|Pedagogical activity||1979-1987 - The rector of the Azerbaijan Industrial Institute, Sumgait (at present Sumgait State University).
1979-1987 - The head of the Department ²Automation of control processes² at the same institute.
1989-2011 - The head of the Department of Control Systems at Azerbaijan State Oil Academy (ASOA).
1989-2011 - The director of Intelligent Systems Research Laboratory at ASOA.
1998-up to now - Director of the joint MBA Program, ASOA, Baku, Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA.
2002- up to now - Director of the joint BBA Program, ASOA, Baku, Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA.
Director of the joint SU Program, ASOA, Baku, University of Siegen, Siegen, Germany
|Other activities||Supervision of Candidates and Doctors of Sciences
Organizing and participation activity at international conferences
|Awards and prizes||
|Main place of work and its address||Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University(ASOIU), Baku, Azadlig ave., 20|
|Position||Director of the joint BA and ZU Programs (ASOIU and Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA, University of Siegen, Siegen, Germany)|
|Office phone||(+994 12) 4984509|
|Mobil||(+994 50) 5471041|
|Home phone||(+994 12) 4920906|
|Fax||(+994 12) 4984509|