|Place of Birth||Agdam region, Azerbaijan Republic|
|Date of Birth||05 January 1950|
|Education||Baku State University, Moscow State University, Chemical Department|
|Scientific degree||Doctor of Chemical Sciences|
|Topic of PhD thesis:
- speciality code
- speciality name- topic name
Organic chemistryA new method of increasing the electrophilicity of sulphenchlorides in addition reactions to the double bonds
|Topic of doctoral thesis:
- speciality code
- speciality name- topic name
New synthetic approaches based on electrophilic reactions of alkenes, three-membered carbo- and heterocyclic compounds
|Election of corresponding member of ANAS:
- date- speciality name
|Election of active member of ANAS:
- date- specialty name
|Total number of scientific publications||1206|
|Number of scientific publications printed abroad||610|
|Number of papers published in journals indexed and abstracted in international databases||485|
|Certificates of authorship and number of patents||53|
- number of PhD
|Main scientific achievements:||
Basic scientific achievements
Below is the list of academician Abel Maharramov`s major scientific achievements in various fields of chemistry:
In the field of organic chemistry:
1. The new synthesis method known as the “Doping effect” was first established in the field of organic chemistry. Thus, certain class of difficult to obtain, or practically impossible organic compounds were synthesized by this method.
2. Firstly, conformational analysis of 12-membered cycles was studied. Then, their saturated and unsaturated derivatives were synthesized and their molecular and crystal structures studied by X-Ray structure analysis method.
3. On the basis of catalytic olefination reaction, new results have been obtained in the field of synthesis of halogen-substituted olefins, X-Ray structure analysis of reaction products and their usage in delicate organic synthesis.
4. The method of template synthesis of 1,3,5-triazole pentadiene series of transition metals based on trichloroacetonitrile was developed and the role of non-covalent halogen compounds in the synthesis and formation of crystals was studied by means of the X-Ray structure analysis method.
5. In the field of multicomponent condensation reactions, double condensates of aromatic aldehydes with ketoesters and diketones containing active methylene have been obtained, which served as a basis for further synthesis of alicyclic, heterocyclic, bicyclic and spirocyclic systems containing nitrogen of various structures.
6. Many optical active compounds were synthesized with asymmetric Hans reaction and the effect of chiral organic catalyser’s nature and temperature to the reaction output and optical cleanness degree was investigated.
7. Effective synthesis method of aromatic 1.2-aminoalcohols in water was developed utilizing interaction of aryl substituted 1.2-chlorohydrins with various amines.
8. Alkalization reaction in the presence of certain 1.3-dikarbonyle compounds with epichlorohydrins on various terms was studied, function substituting biologically active compounds were synthesized and their bactericide, fungicide features were revealed.
In the field of analytical chemistry:
1. Coordination chemistry of active methylene compounds’ arilhydrazones was studied in details and the newly obtained compounds were applied as catalyser in the reactions of oxidization and formation of a new C-C communication.
2. A new class of organic reagents - azocompounds were synthesized from β-Diketones. The reaction capability of tautomer forms of reagents was studied by the method of quant chemical calculation, molecular and crystal structures of complexes were studied by X-Ray structure analysis method. Interdependencies of complex compounds structures and features were identified.
In the field of oil chemistry:
1. Reactions of alkenyl phenols, including haemolytic thiating, phosphorylation, aminomethylation and condensation with symmetric di-haloalkanes were systematically analyzed. Synthesized compounds displayed features of fuel, polyfunctional additives to oils, corrosion inhibitors and sulphate reducing bactericide in the fields of oil production and processing and positive results have been obtained.
2. Various biologically active heterocyclic compounds were synthesized from phenol containing chalcone derivatives and dynamic effects that may occur in their solution systems were analyzed by means of NMR spectroscopy.
In the field of polymer chemistry:
1. Conformity of chemical modification of industrial polymers and polymer wastes with synthesis of polyfunctional polymers was studied by methods of solid phase NMR-, IR- spectroscopy, scanning electron microscope and other modern methods of physical-chemical research. The ability of successful application of synthesized polymers as a sorbent, nanocomposite stabilizer was recommended.
In the fields of synthesis and application of nanomaterials:
1. Scientific grounds of the technology of obtaining nanostructures with active features (superparamagnetic, giant magnet resistance, photoluminescence, photovoltaic, photo-resistant, catalytic, etc.) were studied for the first time, these structures were stabilized in various environments while retaining these features, their physical-chemical features were analyzed and the opportunities of applying them in the transformer (sensors) technology, medicine, settlement of ecologic problems and oil production.
|Names of scientific works:||
1. Non-covalent interaction in the synthesis and design of new compounds. New-York: “Wiley” publisher, 2015, 450 p. Abel M. Maharramov, Kamran T. Mahmudov, Maximilian N. Kopylovich, Armando J. L. Pombeiro
2. Advanced Nanocomposites: Types, Properties and Applications. New York: “Nova” publisher, 2013, 334 p. Abel Maharramov, Mahammadali Ramazanov, Mohammad Reza Saboktakin
3. Recent advances in bromination of aromatic and heteroaromatic compounds // Synthesis (Reviews and Full Papers in Chemical Synthesis) 2016, 48, p. 615-643. Leonid G. Voskressensky, Nikita E. Golantsov, Abel M. Maharramov
4. A new approach to ferrocene derived alkenes via cop.er-catalyzed olefination // Journal of Organic Chemistry. 2015, p.2072-2078, V.M.Muzalevsky, A.V.Shastin, A.D.Demidovich, N.G.Shikhaliyech, V.N.Khrustalev, R.D.Rakhimov, S.Z.Vatsadze, V.G.Nenajdenko
5. CoII, NiII and UO2 II complexes with b-diketones and their arylhydrazone derivatives: Synthesis, structure and catalytic activity in Henry reaction // Polyhedron. 2015, 101, p.14–22. Zhen Ma, Manas Sutradhar, Atash V. Gurbanov, Abel M. Maharramov, Rafiga A. Aliyeva, Farqana S. Aliyeva, Fidan N. Bahmanova , Vusala I. Mardanova, Famil M. Chyragov, Kamran T. Mahmudov
6. Nano-coupling of cephalosporin antibiotics with Fe3O4 nanoparticles: Trojan Horse approach in antimicrobial chemotherapy of infections caused by Klebsiella sp.. // Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology. 2015, p.225-235. U.A.Hasanova, M. A. Ramazanov, A. M. Maharramov, Q. M. Eyvazova, Z.A.Agamaliyev, Y.V.Parfyonova, S.F.Hajiyeva, F.V.Hajiyeva, S.B.Veliyeva
7. Halogen–bonded tris (2,4-bis(trichloromethyl)-1,3,5-triazapentadienato)- M(III) [M=Mn,Fe,Co] complexes and their catalytic in the peroxidative oxidation of 1-phenylethanol to acetophenone // New Journal of Chemistry. 2014, 38, p.4807-4815. A.V. Gurbanov, V.G. Nenajdenko, V.M. Muzalevskiy, K.T.Mahmudov, M.N. Kopylovich, L.Martins
8. Barbituric acids as a useful tool for the construction of coordination and supramolecular compounds // Coordination Chemistry Reviews. 2014, 265, p.1-37. Mahmudov, Kamran T.; Kopylovich, Maximilian N.; Kurbanova, Malahat M.; Gurbanov, Atash V.; Pombeiro Armando J. L.
9. Synthesis and supramolecular arrangement of bis(2,4- bis(trichloromethyl)-1,3,5-triazapentadie-nato)-M(II) [M = Ni(II), Cu(II) and Pd(II)] complexes // Journal of Molecular Structure. 2013, vol.1041, p.213-218. N.Q.Shixaliyev, A.V.Gurbanov, N.V.Gurbanova, V.G.Nenajdenko, V.M.Muzalevskiy, K.T.Mahmudov, M.N.Kopylovich
10. A hexanuclear metalacrown palladium(II) cluster derived from 2-mercaptoethanol // Inorganic Chemistry Communications. 2013, vol.29, p.37-39. K.T.Mahmudov, X.I.Hasanov, A.N.Azizova, K.Q.Ragimov, R.K.Askerov, M.N.Kopylovich, Z M.hen, A.J.L.Pombeiro
11. Regioselective CAC bond cleavage in arylhydrazones of 4,4,4-trifl uoro- 1-(thiophen-2-yl)butane-1,3-diones // Journal of Molecular Structure. 2013, vol.1050, p.180-184. Reza Solhnejad, F.N.Bahmanova, F.S.Aliyeva, A.V.Kurbanov, R.A.Aliyeva, F.M.Chyragov, K.T.Mahmudov, M.N.Kopylovich
12. Uranyl complex with phenolate–sulphonate and diphenyldiazenecarbohydrazonate ligands // Inorganic Chemistry Communications. 2013, vol.35, p.13-15. Reza Solhnejad, F.N. Bahmanova, A.V. Kurbanov, R.A. Aliyeva, F.M. Chyragov, G.S. Mahmudova, K.T. Mahmudov, M.N. Kopylovich
13. Zinc(II)-1,3,5-triazapentadienate complex as effective catalyst in Henry reaction // Catalysis Today. 2013, Vol.217, p.76-79. N.Q. Shixaliyev, A.V. Kurbanov, V.G. Nenajdenko, V.M.Muzalevskiy, K.T. Mahmudov, M.N. Kopylovich
14. Structure and supramolecular arrangement of bis(2,4- bis(trichlormethyl)-1,3,5-triazapenta-dienato)-M(II)[M=Ni(II), Cu(II) and Pd (II)]complexes / Journal of Molecu;ar Structure. 2013, 1041, p.213-218. Namiq Q.Shixaliyev, Atash V.Gurbanov, Nurana V.Gurbanova, Valentine G.Nenajdenko, Vasily M.Muzalevskiy, Kamran T.Mahmudov, Maximilian N.Kopylovich
15. New cobalt(II) and nickel (II) complexes of 2-hydroxy-benzyl derivatives of 4-aminoantipyrine // Polyhedron. -44. 2012, p.72-76. Perizad A.Fatullayeva, Ajdar A.Medjidov, Atash V.Gurbanov, Rizvan K.Askerov, Karim Q.Rahimov, Maximilian N.Kopylovich, Kamran T.Mahmudov, Armando J.L.Pomberio
16. Thermadinamics of dissociation of ortho-hydroxyphenylhydrazo- β-diketones and of their complexation with cop.er (II) in aqueousethanol solutions // Journal of Solution Chemistry. 2012, 41(4), p.44-50. K.T.Mahmudov, Maximilian N.Kopylovich, R.A.Aliyeva I.A.Aliyev, A.A.Azizov, Armando J.L.Pomberio
17. Synthesis of hydroacridines and 1,8-dioxo octa hydroxanthenes using primary amino alcohols as reagent or catalysis via three-component condensation reactions // Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2012, 4(2), p.955-965. Shaaban K.Mohamed, A.A.Abdelhamid, A.N.Khalilov, Atash V.Gurbanov, M.A.Allahverdiyev
18. Synthesis and In-vitrophotodynamic studies of the superparamagnetic chitosan hydrogel/chlorine E6 nanocarriers // Medical Chemistry. 2012, 8, №6. Mohammad Reza Saboktakin, Roya M.Tabatabaie, Fahimeh Satarzade Amini, Mohammad Ali Ramazanov
19. Composite oligomer constructed from tri- and tetranuclear butyltin (IV) / 25th International conference on organometallic chemistry. Portugal, 2012, PB.258. Kamran T.Mahmudov, Armando J.L.Pombeiro, Malgorzata J.Gajewska, M.Fatima C.Guedes da Silva, Maximilian N.Kopylovich
20. Structural and electronic characteristics of iron (III) oxide complexes with creka peptide analogs // Journal of Materials Science and Engineering. 2012, B2, p.45-51. Alieva Irada, Ramazanov Mahammadali, Abbasova Gultekin, Nabiev Naqif, Omarova Asmar
|Membership with international and foreign scientific organizations:||
1998 – member of New York Academy of Sciences
1999– elected as member of the Board and Political Council of the New Azerbaijan Party
Since 2000– chaired PhD and ScD Award Council under Baku State University
2001 – elected as corresponding member of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
2002 – elected as president of the Black Sea Universities Network
2005 – elected as member of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan representing the Second Yasamal Constituency No. 16, elected as Head of Azerbaijan-Japan Inter-parliamentary Relations Working Group
2007– elected as full member of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
2007 – elected as Bureau member of Chemistry Section, Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences
2008 – appointed as member of the State Commission on Reforms in the Field of Science
2008 – elected as honorary member of the Georgian Chemistry Society
2009 – elected as member of the editorial board of Azerbaijan National Encyclopedia
2010– elected as member of the Commission on State Awards in the Fields of Science, Culture and Literature of the Republic of Azerbaijan
2010– elected as member of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan representing the Second Yasamal Constituency No. 16, elected as Head of Azerbaijan-Japan Inter-parliamentary Relations Working Group
2012 – elected as member of the International Council of Scientists under the Academy of Sciences of Latvia
2013– elected as member of the Commission of the Republic Azerbaijan on State Awards in the Fields of Science, Technology, Architecture, Culture and Literature
2013– elected as member of the editorial board of “The National Atlas of the Republic of Azerbaijan”
2013– elected as honorary member of the National Academy of Sciences of Georgia
2015– awarded “Certificate for contribution to the development of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University”, “Gold Medal” and Certificate of Membership of the International Friendship Club2016 - elected a foreign member of Russian Academy of Sciences
|Pedagogical activities||1976 – begining of the activity in Baku State University|
|Awarding and prizes||
1999– awarded “Yusif Mammadaliyev Medal”
2000– awarded the title “Merited Scientist”
2000– receives “Gold Medal” of the Economic Cooperation Organization
2001– named “International Person of the Year”
2001– receives honorary doctorate from Kirikkale University, Turkey
2002 – wins “Reformist Rector of the Year” nomination
2003 – elected as “Rector of the Year”
2004 – wins “Renowned Scholars of Azerbaijan” international contest, awarded “Renowned Scholar of the 21st century” international diploma
2004 – awarded the Order of Gold Star Commander degree of Romania
2005 – named “International Educator” by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
2007 – receives “Gold Buta” award for his contribution to the development and promotion of science in Azerbaijan
2007 – awarded “Medal for Service in Azerbaijan Trade Unions”
2008 – receives honorary doctorate from Ovidius University of Constanta, Romania
2008 – awarded “The 90th Anniversary of Azerbaijani Justice System” commemorative medal
2009 – awarded “The Centennial of the Russian Trade Unions Organization” jubilee medal
2009 – awarded “Shohrat Order” (“Order of Glory”)
2009 – awarded “The 90th Anniversary of Diplomatic Service Bodies of the Republic of Azerbaijan” jubilee medal
2010 – receives “Medal for Contribution to the Strengthening of Cooperation in Eurasia” from the Eurasian Association of Universities
2010 – gets honorary doctorate from L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, Kazakhstan
2010 – named honorary professor of the Crimean Engineering and Teacher Training University
2010 – awarded “Gold Medal” by the American Biographical Institute
2010 – receives “Friend of the Environment” award from Youth Coalition “ECO-2010”
2010 – awarded Certificate of Recognition by the Ministry of Internal Affairs
2011 – receives the European Order of Duty and Dignity
2011 – awarded jubilee diploma on the 50th anniversary of Ovidius University of Constanta by the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport of Romania
2011– receives “Eurasian Pride” medal from L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, Kazakhstan
2011 – receives “Special Sympathy” award of the Azerbaijani media
2011– awarded Certificate of Recognition by the Eurasian Association of Universities
2011 – receives “Tourism 2011” award from “Support for Tourism” Youth Coalition for his contribution to the development of tourism legislation
2012 – receives 2012 Science and Technology Prize of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO)
2012 – becomes honorary professor of the Institute of Ethnic Minority Languages and Literature of the Central University for Nationalities, People’s Republic of China
2012 – awarded diploma by the Turkic World Studies International Academy of Sciences
2012 – receives Certificate of Recognition from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
2013 – awarded Diploma of Merit and Gold Medal by the European Scientific-Industrial Chamber
2013 – receives “The 20th anniversary of Azerbaijan Trade Unions Confederation” medal
2013 – receives “Triumph” sports achievements award for his outstanding contribution to the development of sports in Azerbaijan
2014– receives honorary doctorate from Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
2015 – receives honorary professorship from M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University
2015 – awarded “Medal for Support” by the Russian Federation Investigative Committee and “70 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War” Jubilee Medal
2015 – awarded “Certificate for contribution to the development of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University”, “Gold Medal” and Certificate of Membership of the International Friendship Club
2015 – receives “The 550th anniversary of the Kazakh Khanate” Jubilee Diploma from the Ministry of Sport and Culture of Kazakhstan
2016 - awarded a gold medal "For outstanding achievements in the development of the Black Sea Universities Network"
|Place of work and its address||Baku State University, 23, Z. Khalilov, Baku city, Azerbaijan Republic|
|Office phone||(+994 12) 4303245|
|Fax||(+994 12) 5983376|