|Address||AZ7000, Town Nakhchivan, avenie H.Aliyev, 76|
|Phone||(+994 36) 5450671|
Office phone: (+994 36) 5450671
Mob. tel: (+994 50) 3536875
|Scientific secretary||Yashar Nihad oglu Rahimov
PhD in history
Office phone: (+994 36) 5453477
Mob. tel: (+994 55) 5850752
|Establishment history||07 avqust 2002|
|Basic activity directions||Patriotic history, Etnography, Archaeology, Epigraphy and Caucasian history|
|Main scientific achievements||
1. The epigraphic monuments existing in the Nakhchivan territory have been systematically explored and more than 600 inscriptions have been registered up to now. Reading the texts of the inscriptions, they have been translated into Azerbaijani, investigated as the source of Azerbaijani history. Most of the explored inscriptions have been included to the scientific circulation for the first time. On the basis of the information presented by these monuments the explorations have been done in the centres related to the mystification, some cloisters for dervishes, activities of their chief sheikhs have been studied. Investigation works are continued in the study of the Middle Age history of Nakhchivan and its epigraphic monuments. At the same time the activities of the rock carving centres (Daridagh, Tivi, Kirna, etc.) have been attracted to the investigation. It turned out that, memorial monuments, at the same time stone ram figures, sandugas and other monuments remaining in Nakhchivan region up to now. The descriptions remaining on the memorial monuments belonging till today in the territory have been investigated as the historical-cultural monuments and entered to the scientific circulation. At the same time, the craftsmanship fields developed in Nakhchivan during the Middle Ages have been investigated. Political situation, economical life, historical geography and population of Nakhchivan
have been included to the researches during XIII-XVIII centuries. The explorations done have shown that though Nakhchivan territory suffered from the wars during the Mongolian attacks, Hulaku’s and Safavids period, this region has always developed, cities, craftsmanship, trade and culture had flourished. At that time the population of the Nakhchivan region consisted of mainly Azerbaijanis.
2. Investigations have been carried out with the theme of "the establishment of Nakhchivan ASSR" (the beginning of XX century), importance of Nakhchivan in the Azerbaijani statehood history. Using the opportunities of the independence given, the theme have been explored, analyzed and gained some results. At the same time in the department the research works have been done about military-political position of Nakhchivan khanate in Causasus, its relations with neighbouring khanates and states, army formation, property issues in the Kangarlis, lives and activities of the personalities belonging to Nakhchivan khans’ dynasty living in Nakhchivan.
XIX century of the Nakhchivan history have been investigated on Russian sources, the sosio-political and economical life of that period, collectivization in Nakhchivan and its results have been studied.
3. The metallurgy and metal working appearing in Nakhchivan has defined to develop on the basis of local raw materials in VI-I millenniums BC. The problems of new division of the ancient cultures of Nakhchivan into periods have been investigated and new periodical division was given for the Early and Middle Bronze age; Nakhchivan was defined to be homeland of the Early Bronze Age culture. Exploring the mutual relations of Nakhchivan’s ancient cultures with Middle Asia and South Caucasian countries it turned out that the Middle Bronze Age the Coloured Pottery culture has spread to other states of South Caucasus from Nakhchivan; the spiritual culture of the ancient tribes of Nakhchivan has been studied, the ancient cultures and craftsmanship rising from Nakhchivan is defined to have close relations with the ethnography and folklore of the Azerbaijani people. Semantic content of most descriptions in Gamigaya have been opened; the archaeological monuments of Nakhchivan have been published as collection. More than thousand archaeological monuments have been revealed and passportized. During the recent archaeological excavations monuments belonging to the Neolithic and Chalcolithic Age cultures have been found, existence of the ancient state in Sharur fighting against the Urartians during the Stone Age has been located. It has also been defined that Goycha lake basin was under the control of the tribes living in Nakhchivan.
4. In the Department of the Antique and Middle Ages Archaeology Exploration works have been done in the archaeological monuments of the Antique and Middle Ages period in the territory of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic. The aim of giving the characteristics of the archaeological monuments belonging to the Middle Ages in Gilanchay valley, studing their areal has been put forward. Exploration have done around Gamigaya, the excavations in the Kharaba-Gilan monuments complex have been attended in.
In the result of the explorations done around Gamigaya, some new archaeological monuments have been registered, passportized and investigated. It turned out that Gilanchay valley has been one of the places where people lived densely during the Antique and Middle Ages. People living in the territory have dealt with farming, cattle-breeding and craftsmanship, made economical-cultural relations with the neighbouring tribes.
5. In the department of archaeological service in the archaeological expeditions, in discussion, acceptance and documentation of their reports have been attended, the entering archaeological materials to the department have been registered, systematized, preserved and popularized.
In the content of the archaeological expedition formed in the Institute of History, Ethnography and Archaeology of Nakhchivan branch of ANAS together with the representatives of French National Research Centre made cooperative explorations in Kultapa I monuments situating in Babek district. On the comperative analyses of the round building remnants, fire types, tools made of different stone kinds and potteries with the South Caucasian and Near Eastern parallels, the peculiar features of the Late Neolithic culture of Nakhchivan have been studied. The ornamental features of the Neolithic pottery of Nakhchivan have been worked out and entered the scientific circulation. In July-August of 2017 in Nakhchivan Branch of ANAS within the expedition under the guidance of V.Bakhshaliyev the archaeological excavation have been done in Nakhchivantepe and graphic illustrations of some of the ceramics found from there belonging to the Early Chalcolithic age have been prepared. The scientific-inventory book of the archaeological service department has been composed. Re-formation of the scientific composition of the Archaeology and Ethnography museum acting in the content of the institute, specifying, cleaning of the number of inventories of the exposition, documentation the materials entering the museum have been realized.
6. In the department of Ethnography the ethnic history of the Azerbaijani Turks, ethnogenetic relations, ancient belief system, World storm and prophet Noah, the question of father Turk, theory of four rivers, etc have been investigated on the basis of new view points. Habits, beliefs and ceremonies related to the folk calendar, households and craftsmanship have been deeply analyzed and explored.
7. Analyzing and exploring the offstage of Armenia-Azerbaijani conflict, safety of South Caucasus, geopolitical interests in the appearance of ethnical-national conflicts, investigation of Nakhchivan’s positions in the regional and international policy, the Armenian mythological, religious, political claims against Azerbaijan especially Nakhchivan, principally the directions of “the religion strategy”. The historical roots of the Armenia-Azerbaijani conflict have been investigated in the context of geopolitical interests and collision of civilizations, the falsity of the claims against Nakhchivan was refuted on the basis of neat arguments, was viewed the political approaches of the leading states of the world to this conflict and the place of the Armenian claims against Nakhchivan in the international plane was analysed. The genocides made by Armenians with the support of the great powers have been investigated on the basis of the local and foreign archive and literature materials.
|Total number of employees||27|
Safarli Hajifakhraddin Yahya oglu
Rahimov Yashar Nihad oglu
Bakshaliyev Veli Bakshali oglu
Shikhaliyev Emin Arif oglu
Orujov Asef Yunis oglu
Khalilov Toghrul Farman oglu
Guliyeva Zeynab Kerim gizi
Aliyev Ilhami Nizam oglu
Hajıyeva Sara Adil gizi
Guliyev Musa Rahim oglu
Guliyev Elnur Yaver oglu
Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
- deputy chair
- scientific secretary- members
- deputy chairman
- bureau members
|PR responsible person|
|Doctors of sciences|